Proud of Tohoshinki!
Avex tops total sales ranking for record labels once again in the first half of 2013
On July 19, Oricon released a list of market reports for music software sales (singles, albums, music DVDs, and music Blu-ray discs)
for the first half of 2013.
In the category for sales by record label, Avex Group Holdings took the top spot for the 2nd consecutive year raking in 21.51 billion yen
(approximately $213,287,085 USD and 14.7% of market share). The biggest contributor was Kis-My-Ft2 bringing in 2.61 billion yen
(approximately $25,780,865 USD). Others include EXILE, Tohoshinki, Amuro Namie, and SKE48.
In 2nd place was Sony Music Entertainment (13.0% of market share) with sales amount of 18.99 billion yen (approximately $187,407,062 USD)
followed by Universal Music (9.9%) in 3rd place with 14.56 billion yen (approximately $144,372,847 USD).
Check out the full ranking below.
In brackets (%)- compared to same period last year
1. Avex Group Holdings - ¥21.51 billion (85.5%)
2. Sony Music Entertainment - ¥18.99 billion yen (84.6%)
3. Universal Music - ¥14.56 billion yen (93.7%)
4. King Record - ¥10.92 billion yen (111.6%)
5. J-Storm - ¥8.69 billion yen (94.7%)
6. Victor Entertainment - ¥6.46 billion yen (140.4%)
7. Being Inc. - ¥5.64 billion yen (244.7%)
8. Warner Music Japan - ¥4.83 billion yen (106.5%)
9. Pony Canyon - ¥4.36 billion yen (110.3%)
10. Teichiku Entertainment - ¥3.98 billion yen (127.4%)
Original source : http://www.oricon.co...c/2026725/full/